The Science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan is a technology whose tools can be applied to address and achieve a wide spectrum of needs and goals in today’s predominantly sedentary lifestyle and fast-paced age of information. There is a massive influx of knowledge, which is creating a thirst for experience. We ‘know’ how to live a more balanced lifestyle but it is not in our ‘experience.’
A consistent practice of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan will enable you to work through the following:
- Manage mental health issues such as, anxiety, depression, trauma, stress, etc.
- Increase vitality and productivity at work
- Heal the emptiness and disconnection within
- Open your heart to experiencing more love and authenticity in relationships
- Access and embody higher dimensions of living in everyday life
More importantly, Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan strengthens our central nervous system, which is becoming ‘fried’ due to information overload.
The word ‘kundalini’ is derived from the Sanskrit term ‘kundal,’ which means ‘coil.’ The mainstream discourse refers to kundalini as coiled energy, resting dormant at the base of our spine. A regular practice of Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan stimulates and raises the dormant energy up the spine to the pineal gland, known as the ‘seat of our soul’ and master gland, where it energizes the gland to secrete.
The difference between a happy and depressed individual is one. The happy individual knows how to activate, channel, and use his/her dormant energy effectively while the depressed individual is clueless about his/her innate hidden power. The teachings of Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan awaken us to our inner potential and inspire us to live Happy, Healthy, and Holy (3HO) lives.
What to expect in a Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan class
- Opening the space - Tune in to the divinity and self-knowledge present within by chanting the Adi Mantra [Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo] thrice
- Warm-ups - To raise the body temperature, prepare the body muscles for intensive exercises, and help prevent injuries
- Kriya - Specific sequence of yoga postures performed to produce a certain effect or result
- Deep relaxation - To allow healing and recalibration of the physical and energetic systems
- Meditation - To clear the mental cobwebs, improve mental health, and develop intuition
- Closing prayer - Sing the Irish blessing: ‘May the Longtime Sun Shine Upon You, All Love Surround You, And the Light Within You, Guide Your Way On’ and then chant 3 long ‘Sat Nam’
Benefits of practicing Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Balances sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems
- Clears the subconscious mind
- Releases adrenal fatigue
- Detoxifies the lungs, kidneys, liver, colon, and skin
- Increases pranic energy and circulation
- Purifies the bloodstream
- Develops the prefrontal cortex and intuition